The Nasir al-Mulk Mosque (Masjed-e Naseer ol Molk), is a traditional mosque in Shiraz also known as the Pink Mosque because the usage of pink and yellow flowers in tiles. But the thing that makes this place more important,is the Technic of usage of glasses and play with lights. It is located in Goade-e-Araban place (near the famous Shah Cheragh mosque).
The mosque was built during the Qajar era, and is still in use under protection by Nasir al Mulk’s Endowment Foundation. it was built from 1876 to 1888, by the order of Mirzā Hasan Ali (Nasir ol Molk), a Qajar ruler. The designers were Mohammad Hasan-e-Memar, an Iranian architect, and Mohammad Reza Kashi-Saz-e-Sirazi.The mosque extensively uses colored glass in its facade, and displays other traditional elements such as panj kaseh .
This mosque has two eastern and western bed chambers, and the eastern one has a tiled altar accompanied with 12 columns and windows with colorful glasses.
In fall and winter seasons when sunlight shines through the colorful glasses, it presents as exemplary beauty to the interior of the bedchamber, making this mosque outstandingly aesthetical among other mosques of Iran. The tiling and paintings of the bedchambers are of exceptional beauty as well.
From the start of dawn the mosque is filled with colour and light. Sun shines through the glass and fills the inside, the persian rugs, the ceiling and wall tiles with patterns and colours.